Monday

RON PAUL INTERVIEW WITH ANTHONY WILE - QUESTION FOUR

Daily Bell: How much of that waking up, as you said, can be contributed to the Internet? And do you see it growing worldwide or only in the US?

Ron Paul: I think the Internet is key to it and is the one reason why I have my Internet program. Fewer and fewer people depend on regular TV and you see more programs being deleted from TV. So the Internet is the wave of the future and that’s one of the reasons the freedom movement is growing, because it’s not dependent on the establishment. When I got interested in these ideas in the ’50s and ’60s it was very, very difficult to get any  information but today it’s so easy and it spreads like a wildfire. I think it’s fantastic and hopefully, that is so, so big that no one government can close it down. I’m betting somebody who knows a lot more about computers than I do will be able to maintain some type of communication on the Internet.

It is worldwide. I’ve said it so many times – this is not a Republican deal. We’re not just trying to improve the Republicans and make it a better party. If the ideas are correct they will be pervasive, just like the interventionist foreign policy and Keynesian intervention economics. That was endorsed by the Republicans and Democrats; they just argued over who got to be the managers. And I think this is what’s going on and it’s worldwide and if we continue to improve on our successes, it will influence not only Republicans and Independents and Democrats; it will be worldwide. I hear from a lot of people around the world and I do travel out of the country, who are encouraged and are anxious to hear the message.